Monday, February 23, 2015

Ya'll this is EPIC!

I wanted to do a quick post and link up with Tech with Jen for "Don't Worry Be Appy" Monday to tell you all about an app that I found and how I use it in my classroom! The app is called Epic! and currently I am using it on the ipad that I have in my listening center.


Epic! is a book streaming service that gives my students instant access to thousands of high quality, recognizable titles to choose from- its like Netflix for books! My students love the ability to choose books to read that they are interested in annddddd Epic! offers a huge selection of titles with audio that reads texts aloud, which makes it perfect for my beginning readers!



My kids especially love the nonfiction texts! My favorite part is that you can select books to download and save. Once the texts are downloaded, they stay on your device and can be read even when there is no wireless internet available!



Currently, Epic! can be used on iOS devices and on any web browser - and best of all, Epic! offers a free version of the app for teachers. You can sign up for a free account here!
(I was not paid or compensated in any way to write this blog post, I just really like this app and use it in my own classroom!)


I would love to hear if any of you are using this wonderful app in your classrooms and your great ideas for it!

Click here to head to the link up to see more "app-y" posts!





2 comments: