Friday, October 17, 2014

RTI and a freebie!


Does your school implement RTI? My school is implementing it for the first time this year and honestly, we are just learning as we go! I am an interventionist with a small group of babies that struggle with decoding words and reading fluently. They also REALLY struggle with rhyming words. I have heard that in order to read, kids must be able to rhyme, so we have been focusing a lot on rhyming for the last few weeks. We have been utilizing these rhyming flip books by The Printable Princess- they are awesome and the kids really love them! Do yourself a favor and check them out!


I also created these rhyming picture cards for my kiddos to practice with. They simply say the word of each picture on the card, and identify the two words that rhyme! If you’d like to use these to practice rhyming with your sweet babies, just click here



How do you implement RTI at your school? What are your favorite intervention strategies to use? I’d love to hear what works for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment